GRANT WRITING FOR LIBRARIES
CHECK LIST FOR GRANT WRITING
Online Grant Training Videos
1. FIND A GRANT
Federal and State-- bigger grants
Private - perfect grants for school library programs
Sign up to receive individual grant alerts.
B. Does the grant fit your needs?
* What is the purpose of the funder...Does what you want match the purpose of the grant?
* Are you eligible to submit...Do you match their eligibility requirements?
* What is the amount of funding...Can you do what you need to do with that funding?
* What is the deadline...Can you finish the project on time?
* Does the project match the activities the grant says it will fund?
Note: If a grant requires a 503 C Non-Profit, the grant can be done through the Mesa Education Foundation. However, the grant should not require any work from the Foundation
2. FILL OUT THE REQUEST FORM
Complete the Request Form and obtain your Principal's signature
3. SEND REQUEST FORM, SUMMARY, AND BUDGET TO ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT
*West Area--Arlinda Mann
*East Area--Pete Lesar
*Grants obtained through the district (Service Learning, Mesa Education Foundation) do not need to be approved by Assistant Superintendent.
*Assistant Superintendent will send grants greater than $5,000 to the Purchasing Department for submittal to the Governing Board.
*Assistant Superintendent will contact you if the grant is not approved.
4. WRITE YOUR GRANT
Need information about your school? Use these links for help with your grant writing.
Approved funded grants
Frequently asked questions
Grant Writing Tips
5. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR GRANT APPLICATION
Does the grant
...answer the questions correctly?
...clearly state your needs?
..abide by the required word count?
...have the necessary signatures? (If Superintendent signature is required, send to Joe O'Reilly)
...meet budget criteria?
6. SEND GRANT TO GRANT AGENCY
7. SENT FINAL GRANT TO GRANT SUPPORT OFFICE Report any grants awarded--Ann Rogers, Research Department
8. SEND AWARDED GRANT TO ACCOUNTING--Lori McGee
Complete a New Gifts and Donations Form and attach a copy of your acceptance letter.
Send the New Gifts and Donation Form, the check, and a copy of the grant application
For Gift Cards
Send a copy of the gift card, receipt, acceptance letter, and a copy of the grant application
If the gift card doesn't indicate the amount, please write the amount on the xerox copy.
Check Grant Support website
Contact Joe O'Reilly at 472-0241
Grant information compiled by Resource Center Specialist Karin Clapper