Longfellow Elementary Guidance Counselor
The guidance counselor:
- Serves as a student advocate
- Helps students master academic and career counseling competencies
- Presents guidance lesson to all classrooms on self-knowledge, conflict resolution, responsibility, cooperation, choices, friendship skills, and more.
- Responsive Services by providing small group and individual counseling on study skills, family changes, personal loss, and many other issues.
- Provides student assistance with issues such as self-esteem, anger management, school success and social skills.
- System Support: Supports all staff and provides assistance which includes program, staff and school support activities and services, through collaboration/teaming, counseling/coordinating and the use of data and assessment.
- Involved in school community through family support whether through home visits, outside referrals and parent resources.