Welcome to Mrs. Rudolph's Kindergarten!
Kindergarten Learning Objectives
February 5- February 9, 2018
- I can read it and to words.
- I can segment all sounds in a word.
- I can use sight words in my writing.
- I can read the sight words up, down, in, big, jump, my, friend
- I can read and write the numbers 1-20.
- I can measure objects by weight and capacity.
- I can identify objects by length from shortest to longest.
- I can be responsible, safe and respectful in my classroom and our school.
- I can tell you what it means to be kind.
- I can tell you at least one way I have been kind to my classmates and teacher.
- I can tell you at least one way I show respect at school.
Welcome To Kindergarten!
Dear A3 Families,
First of all, I would like to welcome you to MacArthur. We are looking forward to you and your child becoming part of our wonderful school community! Kindergarten is a time of new beginnings and making new friends. But most importantly, it is a time for learing and growing!! We learn new things EVERY DAY in A3!! Your child’s days will be filled with many wonderful experiences and many opportunities for growth. I am very excited to be your child’s kindergarten teacher this year!! I can’t wait to open up the door to see a whole new class of smiling faces on the first day of school. Kindergarten is my passion, and I love thinking about how to challenge each and every child to truly be the best student they can be! Here are some important dates for you to put on your calendar.
* Meet your Teacher will be on ……………..., from 4::00 - 6:00.
*The first day of school will be Wednesday, ….., 2017. School begins at 8:20 a.m. Students may come on campus at 8:10 a.m. Please do not bring your child on campus before 8:10. There is no supervision until the first bell rings at 8:10.
*School dismissal time is 2:55 p.m. except on Wednesdays. We have early release every Wednesday at 1::55.
We will be Busy Bees learning to read and write and problem solve this year, and parent volunteers are welcome!! Here is a list of supplies that we will be using in our classroom. It would be helpful if you would bring these extra supplies on Meet the Teacher Day.
· 1 box of colored pencils (12 count)
· 1 box of 8 crayons
· 2 boxes of 24 crayons (Crayola last the longest!!)
· 2 boxes of Crayola markers (8 count primary colors)
· 1 plastic pencil box (with your child’s name taped to the inside)
· 9 glue sticks (the skinny ones are the easiest for our kiddo’s)
· 1 pillow small WHITE pillowcase (your child's lab coat) Labelled with your child's name inside.
· 1 back pack labeled with your child’s name (make sure it can fit a 1 inch binder)
· 1 box of watercolor paints
· 1 shoe box
· 1 box of tissues
· Sanitizing wipes - I use them everyday!
It’s going to be a great year!!!