Welcome to Ms. Knight's Kindergarten Class
Room: A4 **We are a peanut/nut free classroom**
Welcome to Kindergarten!
Welcome to Kindergarten! My name is Ms. Knight. I am so excited that you will be in A4 this year. I love teaching and I am thrilled to be your teacher!
We will have the opportunity to learn and discover many new things together this year. Kindergarten is a place to learn and grow. Together, we can be excellent learners with a positive attitude. We will be enjoying adventures in reading, writing, and math. We will also be looking into the wonderful world of science and social studies.
I would love to meet you. Here are some important dates for your calendar:
· Please join me at Meet Your Teacher night on Monday, August 6, 2018 from 4:00-6:00 p.m. I will be there to meet you, and you can see your new classroom. This is an important day that can help with the transition into kindergarten.
· The first day of school will be Wednesday, August 8, 2018. School begins at 8:25 a.m. Students may come on campus at 8:10 a.m. Please do not arrive on campus before 8:10 a.m. There is no supervision until the first bell rings at 8:10 a.m.
· School dismissal time is 2:55 p.m., except for Wednesday. School will be released at 1:55 p.m. on Wednesdays. (The first day of school is a Wednesday.)
All of the supplies that you will need to have a successful year in kindergarten will be furnished; however, the following supplies would be useful for you to bring to class. It would be helpful to bring these supplies on Meet Your Teacher night so that everything can be organized for the first big day!
· Full sized back pack (keep at home and save for the first day of school)
· 3 boxes of crayons (24 count, Crayola last the longest)
· 1 large box of tissues
· 4 dry erase markers
· Washable markers
· Colored pencils (12 count)
· Glue sticks (6)
· Sanitizing wipes (2)
· 2 sets of watercolor paint (Crayola is the best)
· 1 half-inch clear view three ring binder (very important for daily communication and homework.)
**Many of our supplies are used as a community. Please do not put names on the supplies.**
This is an exciting time for all of us! Please feel free to visit our classroom website. You will find important information here all year!
I look forward to meeting the newest A4 kindergarteners!
Ms. Katie Knight (480) 472-7753