Welcome to Mrs. Marlow's Fifth Grade
English Language Arts:
- I can determine the text structure/format of a text by looking for clue words.
- I can use context clues to determine the meaning of words.
- I can draw conclusions based on the authors words and my previous knowledge.
- I can convert in the Metric system by using my knowledge of the Base Ten system.
- I can move digits places to the left when multiplying by powers of ten.
- I can move digits to the right when dividing by powers of ten.
- I can compare, order, and round decimals to the thousandths
- I can study the dwellings and artifacts of early North American tribes specific to their region.
- I can use the scientific process to discover the origin of a mystery object.
2018-2019 Supply List
- Pencils and Pencil box
- Colored Pencils
- (1) - 2” or 3” white binder
- Subject Dividers
- (3) Spiral Notebooks
- sanitizing wipes
- hand sanitizer
Summer Letter 2018
Dear Students and Families of F4,
Welcome to the world of fifth grade! My name is Mrs. Marlow, and I am very excited to be working with you this coming school year. I hope that you have a wonderful vacation and are looking forward to the upcoming school year.
I am pleased that you are going to have a part in the exciting fifth grade adventure. I love to read and hope you do too as we are going to discuss a variety of wonderful stories throughout the year. Our adventure continues from the early exploration through the Revolutionary War to meeting amazing people throughout history. The adventure doesn’t stop there! We will also study various Science units such as Space and Flight, the human body, and Mystery Powders. We plan on making this a hands–on, problem solving and critical thinking adventure even more special, so we have the opportunity to visit the Lowell Flight Center to participate in some integrated activities.
I often get inquires about what the students need to bring that will assist in learning. The Mesa School District provides the standard supplies for each student; however, many students prefer to supplement or substitute their own preferences. I would like to recommend the following list of optional materials:
* Pencils and Pencil box * tissues
* Colored Pencils * sanitizing wipes
* (1) - 2” or 3” white binder * hand sanitizer
* Subject Dividers
* (3) Spiral Notebooks
Meet the teacher will be August 6th from 4-6pm. The first day of school will be August 8th starting at 8:25. School hours are 8:25- 2:55 (M-T-TH-F) and 8:25-1:55 (W). If you should have any questions or want to leave a message for me, I can be reached at 472-7785. You can also reach the school office at 472-7800.
It’s going to be a great year,