Welcome to Mrs. Mast's Third Grade
Learning Objectives: Dec. 4th-15th
- Students will explain the central message, lesson, or moral in proverbs and fables.
- Students will distinguish the meaning of literal and non-literal language.
- Students will use context clues to determine the meaning of unknown words.
- Students will identify and read multisyllabic non-sense words using all 6 syllable types.
- Students will read and write words with the /air/ sound such as bear, fair, and stare.
- Students will write a personal narrative about their favorite Christmas memories and traditions.
- Students will fluently multiply and divide by 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12 including using the Distributive Property to decompose a factor.
- Students will learn about how the economy works, covering such topics as supply/demand, resources, and wants vs. needs.