Mrs. Jensen (480) 472-2011 Grades: K, 1, & 2
Ms. Chaddon (480) 472-2020 Grades: 3 & 4 & 5
Mrs. Ludwig (480) 472-2019 Grades: 5 & 6
The purpose of Functional Programming is to provide students, through individualized programming, with lifelong knowledge, skills and behaviors needed to maximize their independence and success in integrated academic, personal management, workplace, and arts and recreation/leisure settings.
This mission is supported by a collective commitment to:
- increase independence in present and future environments.
- maximize communication and social skills.
- develop instructional priorities that come from the environment.
- assess and teach functional skills in their natural settings.
- maximize interactions with non-disabled peers.
- build partnerships among members of the community: students, parents, caregivers, educators, service agencies, and private industries.
- view challenging behaviors as instructional needs.
- motivate students through instruction from school to post-school settings.
- plan systematic transitions from school to post-school settings.