Mr. Gary Ingle
Email: Click Here
This year I am at both Mendoza and Crismon schools. My schedule this year will be Mendoza Tuesday, Thursday and every other Friday. Crismon I will be Monday, Wed. and every other Friday.
Elementary school counselors are specialists in child growth and development who usually have a strong background in the behavioral sciences and human relations. They also possess a knowledge of the elementary school program which includes the curriculum, the learning process and school organization. All student support service workers address important needs- the school counselor is primarily concerned with the application of development principles in the school through counseling, consultation and coordination.
The elementary school counselor believes:
- Children have dignity and worth as human beings.
- Children learn best when they feel good about themselves and their relationships with others.
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.
- Attitudes formed during elementary school shape future attitudes toward learning, self, and society.
Services provided by elementary school counselors:
- Consulting with teachers, parents, administrators, students, and others.
- Listening in an effort to resolve conflicts.
- Helping parents understand how to help their children.
- Referring students to outside referral agencies when appropriate.
- Consulting with other school professionals regarding curriculum decisions.
- Explaining test results to help students and parents understand and use the information appropriately.
- Helping students learn responsibility by becoming aware of the consequences of their behavior