In order to promote a safe and orderly environment, students and guests will be asked to comply with the following guidelines:
- Guests must be in high school (grades 9-12). A copy of his/her ID must be attached to the guest permission form. This form will be available in the bookstore during ticket sales.
- If the guest has already graduated, he/she may not be over the age of 20 and must attach a copy of his/her driver’s license or non-driver state ID to the guest form.
- Guest application forms must be submitted to Mesa High administration prior to the dance. Applications will not be accepted at the door.
- Guests must enter and leave with the Mesa High student of whom they are a guest. Once students have entered the dance, they may not leave and return.
- Mesa students are responsible for informing their guests of Mesa’s behavior and dress code rules and are responsible for the behavior of their guests. In the event that a guest does not follow the rules, he/she may be asked to leave and will not be allowed to attend another MHS event.
The following are expressly prohibited at Mesa dances: sexually explicit dancing, dancing that can result in injury or which may cause a personal safety hazard, consumption or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Any person removed from the dance by MHS staff is not entitled to a refund.
All fees and debts must be cleared by the bookstore in order to attend the following dances: Homecoming, Winter Formal, and PROM.
Prom is considered a "formal attire" event. Guys are expected to be dressed in suits and ties and ladies are expected to be in cocktail style dresses or gowns. Although we are aware of the styles that are currently sold in stores for the ladies, modesty is appreciated and expected in regard to strapless and spaghetti strap style dresses. When in doubt bring a shawl or light sweater. Students who are not dressed appropriately may be sent home. While we have tried to offer a "purse check" location in the past for Prom, we cannot guarantee the availability of a secure location for personal items such as purses, wallets, etc.