Welcome to the Biotechnology Academy
at Mesa High School!
The Biotechnology Academy was formed during the 2005-2006 school year on the Mesa High School Campus. MHS has offered Biotechnology courses since 2004-2005.
Director: Amanda Cherry
Email is the best way to contact me: Click here to send me an email.
Office Number: 480-472-5783
Biotech Fax: 480-472-5990
Established in 2005, the Mesa Public Schools Biotechnology academy is a four year program designed to create a community of learners in a "school-within-a-school" format. The academy provides academics combined with a career focus, a team of teachers and bioscience industry involvement. The students learn the impact and influence of biotechnology - the fastest growing science of the 21st century. We look forward to having you join us during your freshman, sophomore, or junior year!
- The mission of the Biotech Academy is to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to be competitive within the 21st century global economy and biosciences industry.
- Applying Today's Science to Solve Tomorrow's Problems
- Teaching the Skills for the Bioscience Jobs of the Future
- Provide students with marketable skills for the bioscience industry
- Provide a variety of post-secondary education opportunities
- Prepare students for leadership in bioscience careers
- Provide curriculum that has rigor and relevance to the real world
- Provide a personalized educational experience - smaller class sizes and a climate of respect and responsibility
- Provide innovative methods in the classroom including technology, industry standard equipment and experiences
- Increase the number of average and at-risk students who pursue higher education in the field of bioscience
- To develop rich classroom learning experiences with relevant instructional materials and learning assessments
- To facilitate access to essential tools and materials for active learning and hands-on investigations
- Graduation of all students with a Biotechnology Academy Certificate of Completion