The Fourth Annual
Saturday, January 7, 2017
The Mountain View High School Student Council and MVT Student Involvement Club (SIC), in conjunction with involved community members, will be organizing this event. Once our expenses are paid, 100% of the funds get donated to a few important organizations:
(Helping to feed hungry children in Mesa)
The Ronald McDonald House
(Helping to house families in times of medical emergency)
A small portion also gets donated to the Mountain View Scholarship Fund
We are currently seeking sponsors to support this Toro tradition.
Note: There will be no actual bulls in this run, but plenty of Toros.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - RACE DAY
Toro Stadium @ Mountain View High School
2700 E Brown Road, Mesa (Stadium on Lindsay)
7:00 AM Packet pickup opens at Toro Stadium
Tip: Pick up your packets Thursday or Friday! For info on early pickup, click here.
7:00 AM Regular registration opens at Toro Stadium
Bounce houses and exhibitors open
8:40 AM Registration for 10K closes
8:45 AM 10K Starts!
8:55 AM Registration and packet pick-up closes
9:00 AM 5K Starts!
9:55 AM Kids 1/4 Mile Fun Run
10:00 AM Awards presented to winner in each category
11:00 AM Exhibitors and bounce houses shut down
Thanks to everybody that participated in the 2015 run and made is such a great success. Results and info from 1/10/2015 can be found here
A Special "Thank You" To Our
The Adams Agency - link
Firehouse Subs (Lindsay/McKellips) - link
Fiiz Drinks Mesa - link
Oral and Maxillofacial Associates of Arizona - link
Massage Envy (Power/McKellips) - link
Gilbert Road Dental Center
Farnsworth Physical Therapy - link
Aqua-Tots - link
The SCUBA Shop - link
Kids That Rip KTR / Desert Devils
Stuff you might want to know:
- The event will start and finish in the Toro Stadium.
- The run will leave Toro stadium, go through the adjacent neighborhood and head up to McKellips. Runners will finish by running down the paved canal path and finish back in Toro stadium.
- There will be two fun stations along the route.
- The overall event will run from 7:00 AM until 11:00 AM.
- Late registration will be available on the day of the event from 7-8:30AM.
- Packet pick up will begin at the following times:
- From 4-7PM on Friday the 6th at Toro Stadium (Lindsay Rd, just north of Brown Rd, MVHS), OR
- 7:00 AM on the day of the race.
- The 5K run begins at 9:00 AM.
- There will be a FREE 1/4 mile fun run for the little ones at 9:45 AM (free, but registration is requested).
- Professional timing with chips will be provided by racetimers.com.
- Race results will be posted on a large monitor after the race and also online.
- A video of you crossing the finish line will also be posted online for you.
- There will be inflatable fun for the family!
- Vendors and others will be on the football field.
- Live DJ and emcee will be present.
News and updates: