Is there a charge to take an AP course?
No. They are free. However, the national exam will cost $93. Colleges do not charge for credits earned from AP classes.
Do I have to take the AP exam?
Yes. AP students must take the national exam in May. University credit can only be earned on the national exam. Check to see when your AP Exam is scheduled.
How do I earn college credit from an AP exam?
Students receive a score of 1 (no recommendation) up to 5 (highest recommendation). To find out AP credit and placement policies at many colleges and universities, go tohttp://www.collegeboard.com/ap/creditpolicy
Advanced Placement Classes:
What are AP classes?
These are rigorous, full-year college-level classes intended to prepare students for the highest level of college success. Each AP class ends with a national exam for university credit.
What courses are available at Mountain View for the 2016-17 school year?
- AP English Language (Juniors)
- AP English Literature (Seniors)
- AP US History
- AP US Government and Politics
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- AP European History
- AP Psychology
- AP Biology
- AP Chemistry
- AP Physics I
- AP Physics II
- AP Environmental Science
- AP Statistics
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus BC
- AP Music Theory
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Spanish Literature and Culture
- AP Human Geography
- AP Studio Art
- AP German Language and Culture
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP Chinese Language and Culture