From Mountain View to the Workforce
Prepare to enter the world of work! How can you get the best job, earn the most money, and be happy with the job you apply for? Follow these tips that will help you get a job in the area you want!
- Create a Resume
- Create a Cover Letter
- Research the Market
- Apply! Apply! Apply!
- Not sure what you want to do? Take an Interest Inventory to find out what jobs are associated with your interests.
Know the Job Market and Employability Outlook
EMPLOYABILITY OUTLOOK & JOB MARKET AWARENESS
- Will your job be available after you graduate?
- How will this affect your future?
- Does it fit with your personal, academic, and career goals?
Check out the Occupational Outlook Handbook's website to see what the United States Department of Labor is predicting for the jobs you are interested in.
- the training and education needed
- expected job prospects
- what workers do on the job
- working conditions
Are you a teenager looking for an hourly or part-time job?
- http://www.coolworks.com/ - Jobs at camps, amusement parks, state parks, resorts and other cool places to work. Review openings by category or state.
- http://www.simplyhired.com/ - Use SimplyHired.com's Advanced Search option and select Seasonal (for summer jobs) or Part-Time to search for part time jobs.
Here are other job search websites that are more geared towards people looking for jobs with advanced degrees. Search Monster, CareerBuilder and the other major job databases and job search engines by keyword - use "summer" or "summer camp" and location.
- Job Search Websites
Not sure what you want to do as a career? Try taking an Interest Inventory that will help you find out what you might be interested in doing!
- Username: mtviewhs
- Password: 4azcis02