Homework Help and Tutoring Information
Mountain View teachers want their students to succeed. All teachers have office hours and encourage students to get extra help in their classes (before school, after school, and during lunch - you have 50 minutes - use your time wisely!). If you are struggling in one or more of your classes, make it a point to see your teacher! One on one time with your teacher a few days a week will make a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!
Check out these GREAT websites that have video tutorials in a variety of subjects.
*Khan Academy (Website)
* Hippo Campus (Website)
*Ref Desk (Website)
*Online College Courses (Website)
TOOLS FOR STUDENTS & PARENTS
- Having trouble in one of your classes? CONTACT YOUR TEACHER! They see you/your student everyday and have the best information as to how you/your son or daughter can be most successful!
- Tips for Student Success
- Student Planner - Students will be given a planner that will be used throughout their school year. This is a great way to help them stay organized and keep track of their assignments. In order to hold your student accountable, check their planner daily.
- Student/Parent Portal - Log on to your portal to see how you are doing in your classes.
- Parents - you can access your Parent Portal by coming into the school and going to the Attendance Office to get your Activation Key (you will need your Photo ID). After you do this once, you are set for life for all of your kids who come through Mesa Public Schools. Keep track of all of their grades, attendance, and classes from one convenient portal.
- The Getting Started with My MPS brochure can help you with step-by-step instructions to creating your online account.
MENTOROS - TUTORING PROGRAM
The MenTORO program is a peer tutoring service for students who are struggling in key academic areas. Students who want assistance will be paired with another student who is competent in the subject matter.
Students may get an application below or pick up an application in the Student Advisement office. Fill out the application and print out a copy of your grades from your portal and turn the form into the Student Advisement office.