Native American Education Program
"If you are a student or parent of a Native American preschool to 12th grade student in Mesa and need to speak to someone in the Native American Education Program office, please contact us at 480-472-0850."
The Native American Education Program (NAEP) consists of multi-funded, supplemental supports intended to meet the special academic and cultural needs of Native American students in the areas of reading, math and attendance.
- Federal ESSA Grant - Title VI
- U.S. Department of Education - Impact Aid
- Bureau of Indian Education Program - Johnson O'Malley funds (JOM)
Program Services Highlights
- Eligible school related expenses for Jr/Sr high school students
- Supplemental school supplies K-12
- Referrals to tuition-free indigenous colleges for those that qualify
- Cultural Immersion
- Health & Wellness classes for adults & students
- Indigenous language revitalization
- Eaglewings Newsletter
- Home & School Liaison Services
- Native American Honor Society
- Graduating Seniors Recognition
NAEP is in the News
MPS Native American Education Program Receives STEM Talent Pipeline Grant! Read more from the All About Arizonan News and The UM.
Family Culture Night
NAEP Eligibility Guidelines
- Must be a student enrolled in Mesa Public Schools.
- Meets the student eligibility requirements as an "American Indian/Alaskan Native".
- Must file a Title VI Eligibility 506 Form with MPS NAEP office.