MPS PARENT AND STUDENT RESOURCES
Parents, you are your child's first and most important teacher. Parents and families that are involved in their children's education children do better and have better feelings about going to school.
There are many ways that parents can support their children's learning at home and throughout the school year. Here are some ideas to get you started!
College Board Testing
Colleges will accept either the SAT or ACT. So which should you take?
It's all about the numbers. Some students end up scoring substantially higher on the SAT; others do better on the ACT. The Princeton Review Assessment (PRA) has designed a site to help you determine which test is better fit with your abilities. Visit the links below to determine which College Board Test is best suited for you and your student's needs.
NAEP Summer School Assistance
NAEP offers assistance with one (1) summer school class per student. NAEP will assist with 50% of the fee. Priority going to High School students needing to meet graduation requirements.
- Student must have a Title VII form on file with NAEP
- Student must be enrolled with MPS for the current school year
- Priority will be given to 11th grade students who need a class for graduation credit
- The summer school class CAN NOT be a credit recovery class
- Check with your high school adviser to see if your eligible for summer credit recovery classes at your school,
- The class must be academic, no Driver's Ed or electives,
- The student may not have more than 1 F in the current school year
- The student must have good attendance
Student and/or Parent must pick and complete the summer school application, available at your school. Complete with correct course information and bring it to the NAEP office. NAEP office will approve or deny scholarship (pending funding & student eligibility) NAEP will assist with ONE class 1st session only.. NAEP office will send in registration form with scholarship info to Community Education and a copy will be provided to Student/Parent to take to first day of summer school.
NAEP will not hold or promise any scholarships
Transportation to and from summer school is not provided
for more information click here
Call to verify scholarship availability, Eleanor at (480) 472-0577 or email email@example.com