Dr. Melissa Valenzuela
Email: Click Here
It is an honor to be the Social Emotional Learning Department Specialist in the Opportunity and Achievement Department. Our department goal is to increase student opportunity while at the same time supporting student achievement. We are here as a support to not only our students and community but a support to our professional educators. Prior to taking this position, I spent twenty eight years as a Spanish teacher, Community College Professor, District Counselor, Director of Enrollment, and McKinney-Vento Counselor. I was born and raised on the outskirts of Mesa in Apache Junction.
I attended Arizona State University to obtain a Bachelors of Arts in Secondary Education/Spanish. I then went on to attend University of Phoenix for a Masters of Arts in Educational Counseling. A Principal Certification along with a Ph.D in Career Counseling are the other degrees I hold.
CLASSES I HAVE TAUGHT:
- Spanish 1 and 2
- Conversational Spanish
- Spanish 101 and 102
- Creating College Success (CPD115)
Introduction to Multiculturalism (CPD 160)
- Mental Health First Aid Trainer of Trainers- May 2018
- Living Works Trainer of Trainer for Suicide Awareness- May 2017
- Principal Certification- June 2009
- Doctoral Degree in Career Counseling- June 2005
- Masters of Arts in Educational Counseling- June 2001
- Bachelor of Arts in Secondary Education/ Spanish- May 1992