Comment on proposed fees and charges
At its regular meetings June 14 and 28, the Governing Board will consider whether to approve a schedule of student fees and charges. The board is expected to vote June 28.
Under the proposal, extracurricular activity fees would not exceed the actual cost of the activity. Payment of the optional extracurricular activity fees and designated community education fees would qualify for Arizona’s income tax credit.
Mesa Public Schools, like most school districts, has assessed student fees for optional activities for many years. Notice to parents is being provided to ensure compliance with Department of Revenue guidelines for the state income tax credit that is available to cover the cost of student fees for extracurricular activities.
See the proposed fee schedule
- Elementary, Junior High and High School Extracurricular Activities
- Elementary, Junior High and High School Community Education Activities
- High School Career and Technical Education, Creative Arts and Music Courses
We welcome your comments
- Attend the board meeting(s) at 5 p.m. June 14 and June 28 in the Board Room, Building 2, Curriculum Services Center, 549 N. Stapley Drive, Mesa.
- Submit written comments prior to the meetings at firstname.lastname@example.org.