"Parents have a dual role to play in raising a self-aware, respectful child who knows how to manage his or her emotions, make responsible decisions, and resolve conflicts non-violently." ~Edutopia
Mesa Public Schools is dedicated to supporting students, parents, caretakers, and staff through a FREE Parent University, offering over 140 classes for all those that want to build their skills for a stronger family and community.
FREE CLASSES for PARENTS and EDUCATORS
Parent University offers a wide variety of online and in-person classes listed in the Parent University Calendar and flers to the left. Identify all classes of interest then click on red 'REGISTER FOR CLASSES' button to sign up. Remember.....All classes are FREE and include certification hours!
TYPES of CLASSES AVAILABLE
- Parenting Skills (raising positive, confident children)
- Academic (reading, math, kindergarten prep)
- Online classes (Gmail, social media, online safety)
- Classes offered in Spanish (Brain Time, Kinder Prep)
- Spanish interpreting available upon request
"No one can be completely prepared for the trials and tribulations of every stage of parenthood. Now some schools are offering "Parent University" workshops and seminars to help parents better understand and deal with kids. The investment is paying off." ~EducationWorld
- Mesa residency not required - all adults welcome!
- Childcare not provided - children are not allowed in classes unless class specifically invites students.
- No se requiere residencia en Mesa.
- Las personas que traen bebés o niños a las sesiones no serán admitidos en la clase a menos que se especifique lo contrario.