The Patterson Elementary School Library/ Media Center mission is to ensure that the students and staff are effective users of information and ideas.
Things to do at the library:
- Read and check-out books
- Use the computers for online learning
- Kindergarten students may check-out one book and keep it for one week starting second quarter.
- First Graders may check-out one book and keep it for one week.
- Second through sixth graders check out two books and may keep them for one week.
- Students can check-in and check-out books any time throughout the week in addition to their scheduled library days.
- Books are overdue if they are not returned or renewed by the due date. Patrons cannot check-out another book until overdue books are returned (or lost books have been paid for).
- Patrons will be fined only when library books are lost or damaged. The purchase price is charged if a book is damaged beyond repair or is lost. Patrons cannot check-out another book until fines have been paid. Fines can be paid with cash or a check made out to "Patterson Elementary."