Greetings from the Pomeroy Health Office!
Please call if you have any health questions or concerns
Hours: 7:15-2:45 Daily
Kay DeLeon (Medical Assistant degree) is the full-time health assistant. Kay has had many years of experience working in clinics, doctor's offices, and in the school setting.
Shelby Burlew (Registered Nurse) is the part-time nurse. She is at Pomeroy on Tuesday, Friday and every other Wednesday.
Visit the Mesa Public Health Services at http://www.mpsaz.org/health/parent_info/
If your child has any of the following symptoms, please leave at home:
1. Fever above 100 degrees. Students must be fever-free for 24 hours without Tylenol or Ibuprofen
2. Diarrhea or vomiting. If you have any questions about if your child should come to school, please call the health office (480-472-3764)
3. Bad cough along with feeling ill.
4. Pink eye that has discharge that looks like pus. They need to be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school.
5. If your child has a rash, and you're not sure if your child should come to school, please call the health office (480-472-3764)
6. Strep throat. Students need to be on antibiotics for 24 hours before returning to school.
If your child appears really sick, keep your child home and arrange an evaluation by your doctor or an urgent care center - that day. If it seems to be an emergency, call 911. Many illnesses can be stopped before they spread by reminding everyone to practice frequent hand washing, blowing noses into tissues, and covering mouths when coughing or sneezing.
We dispense medications for your child as long as it has a prescription label or written/faxed instructions from the doctor. Over the counter medications must be in the original container that has instructions as far as amount/how often to give the medication. Ibuprofen can be given only if there are instructions on the bottle that correspond to your child's age (i.e. Junior strength or Child-strength Ibuprofen for children under age 12). We can give Adult-strength Ibuprofen for your child under age 12 with a doctor or dentist note.
Clothing donations are always needed. We especially need shorts and slacks for girls and boys in the younger grades. New (please no used) underwear is always needed, especially for the younger grades.