Resources for our Pomeroy Family
Here are some resources available during the closure. Food resources may also be available during the Summer months for those in need.
· All Saints Catholic Church -1534 N Recker 480-985-7693
· Broadway Christian- 7335 E Broadway 480-981-0802
· Casa de Amor-819 S MacDonald 480-464-2877
· Central Christian Church- 933 N Lindsay 480-924-4946
· Change Point-330 S Gilbert #15 480-668-1072
· Christ the King-1616 E Broadway 480-844-4469
· East Mesa Food Bank-752 S Ellsworth 480-986-9827
· Food Plus Program & WIC 480-833-0334
· Holy Cross-1244 S Power Rd. 480-985-4259
· Lutheran Social Ministry-5949 E University 480-654-4539
· Mesa CAN- 635 E Broadway 480-833-9200
· Paz de Cristo-424 W Broadway 480-464-2370
· Queen of Peace-141 N MacDonald 480-969-9166
· Salvation Army-241 E 6th St 480-833-8322
· St. Vincent de Paul-Dining Room 480-649-0081
· United Food Bank of AZ 480-926-4897
Mesa Public Schools and the City of Mesa are collaborating to support families and ensure a safe environment for Mesa's children in the event of a school closure. Beginning Thursday, April 26, four community centers will be open to provide free, supervised activities for children who need a safe place to spend their day. Children in kindergarten through sixth grade are welcome.
The centers will be staffed by Mesa Public Schools teachers and staff, who are volunteering their time, and City of Mesa and Mesa Public Schools Community Education employees. Free breakfast and lunch will be provided by the district's Food and Nutrition department.
Availability will be first come, first served. Parents must provide transportation to and from the centers. They will be required to show identification and sign their child in and out each day. Children must wear closed-toe shoes.
The four centers, which will be open 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., are:
Webster Recreation Center, 202 N Sycamore
Jefferson Recreation Center, 120 S Jefferson
Eagles Community Center (former Mesa Jr. High), 828 E Broadway
Broadway Recreation Center, 59 E Broadway
To expedite the drop-off process, please print and complete the registration form before arriving. Bring your completed form with you to the center of your choice.
Additional details about programming at the community centers:
- Special education teachers will be volunteering at the Eagles Community Center (formerly Mesa Junior High), 828 E. Broadway.
- Questions? Contact Community Education at 480-472-7250.