What is Classroom Dojo?
Classroom Dojo is a program that allows parents to stay updated and connected to their child and their child’s teacher. It is a user friendly program that you can access by downloading their free app or by logging in using a computer. The good news is, if you have already used Classroom Dojo in the past, you are already in their system.
Some of the features of Classroom Dojo include:
- Messaging: I will be able to send and receive text messages using this program. However, all of the messages are private. So, if you respond to a text that I send out, I will be the only person that can view your message. This enables me to quickly and easily send you reminders, behavior updates, and any other pertinent information as the day goes on. I use this feature OFTEN!!
- Points: Although Classroom Dojo does have a behavior point system webbed in, we will not be using it in the classroom.
- Student Story: Students will be able (and encouraged) to take pictures of their work and upload it into their personal profile. This enables you to see what and how your child is doing as they showcase their work in this private location. In order to make posts, your child will need their own profile account.
- Class Story: I will post comments and pictures of activities we are doing in the classroom so that you are able to check in and remain connected throughout the school year.
- School Story: This is where you can see what is going on at Pomeroy Elementary on a wider scale. Pictures will be posted here with events and activities happening on our campus. You will also be able to add pictures of your own!