Dear Room 29 Fifth Grader,
I'm looking forward to meeting you soon. I'm planning on having a great 2016-2017 school year, and I hope you are too!
Here are some items that you might consider bringing to school during the first week.
1. A 1 1/2 inch 3-ring binder. We will be using these throughout the year for assignments.
2. A backpack. Backpacks are handy for carrying items to and from school. They help to
protect library books, notebooks, and important papers.
3. Bring yellow #2 pencils or mechanical pencils to class. We will share the yellow # 2
pencils. Leave fancy pencils and pens at home.
4. Ream of white copy paper (8 1/2 x 11).
5. Please bring boxes of tissues, Clorox wipes, and a bottle of waterless hand santizer
to class for class use. Donations of these items are greatly appreciated.
Here are some things you can do as a fifth grader to ensure that you stay focused on school work.
1. Leave toys, or any other items that might distract you, at home. This includes
excessive jewelry, make-up, extra hair accessories, action figures, matchbox cars, stuffed
2. The school will be sending home information regarding our dress code. Among the items
covered: no spaghetti straps or bare midriffs (no immodest clothing in general,) or baggy
pants that don't stay up without a belt, no hats inside and no clothing with inappropriate
advertising or slogans, etc.
School officially begins on Wednesday, August 10th, at 7:45 am. I'm looking forward to starting the new school year with you. See you soon!! REMEMBER THAT THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS AN EARLY RELEASE OF 1:15PM.