* DAILY Assignments will be given Monday - Thursday,
- signed agenda
- unfinished classwork
* Homework should only take 20- 30 min. If your student is giving their best effort for 30 min. then stop and please notify me so I can make adjustments.
* Extra credit can be earned for reading 15 min. Parents must indicate the amount of time and what the student read in the agenda.
I will never take away a recess time for incomplete homework or incomplete classwork. I strongly believe students need to be outside. HOWEVER... students still need to be held responsible.
* All incomplete work must me done no later than 1 week otherwise they will receive and F on the assignment. This may mean that they need to complete assignments during the weekend.
PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention System)
Earn Personal Best Pass by: Personal Best Lottery:
- showing improvement in reading fluency - special chair privilege
- showing improvement in math fact - first to choose weekly job
- showing improvement in IEP goals - special treat
- demonstrating exemplary behavior - lunch movie
- demonstrating growth mindset - lunch with Principal
- I raise my hand to speak during a lesson
- I ask for permission before I touch something that is not mine
- I keep unkind thoughts and actions to myself
- I use school appropriate words
- I use the right voice level at the right time
- I use good posture when the teacher is teaching a lesson
- I protect and take care of school materials that I use
- I protect and take care of my personal items
- I follow directions
- I bring my completed homework to school everyday
- I get my assigned class work finished in a timely manner
- I listen when the teacher is giving instructions
- I participate during instruction
- follow classroom routines
Teacher will conference with student to explain what they need to do to make a correction in attitude or behavior. Student will miss an opportunity to earn class point, money, or personal best pass.
Teacher / student will call parent to make them aware of the behavior or attitude that needs to be corrected. In addition to missing an opportunity to earn class incentives, student may be asked to move to a different spot in the classroom away from distractions.
Conference with student, teacher and parent to develop a plan of action which may involve 1 hour detention or in school suspension.
Parent will receive a call from Principal, which may involve further detention, in school suspension or out of school suspension.
All Completed Work: Goes into the Blue Box at back of the room
Ask permission to: Get drinks, Sharpen pencils, go to the Restroom
Bathroom: We take frequent planned bathroom break about ever hour. In addition to that each student has one free pass, they must relinquish pass and log in and out. If they need to use the restroom again they need to pay $1.00
Entering class: Quietly sit down and begin seatwork while waiting for further instruction
End of Day Routine: fill in agenda, when first bell rings line up in Alphabetical order. Quitely walked to bussing area
During Instruction: Students use good posture and participate. Allow others to have think time before you answer. A student may not leave desk without permission.
Door holder first, then in Alphabetical order. Remember: Personal Space, Nose and toes
forward, Hands by side, voices off.
Morning Routine: Line up with homeroom students and follow teachers directions
Recess: Students work area must be cleaned, and then students follow lining up procedures. After recess the students must line up in alphabetical order again and are directed into cafeteria by recess IA.
from specials: Students reentering a
class that is busy at work, must do so quietly as not to distract other
Specials: Students attend Music , PE and Art with assigned general education class. They are to line up with general education class.