Instructions for Opening Your Locker
The combination locks on the book lockers can be tricky to open. The following instructions should make the process easier. Students who forget their locker combination or have locker problems should stop by the Bookstore for assistance.
To OPEN your locker:
- Turn dial clockwise (to the right) several times to clear the dial.
- STOP on the first number of your combination.
- Turn the dial counterclockwise (to the left) one full turn past your first number, to the second number and stop.
- Turn the dial clockwise (to the right) past your third number until the dial stops. (If you stop on the third numb er, the locker will NOT open! Most students have difficulty opening their lockers because they stop on the third number of their combination.)
To LOCK your locker:
- Close the locker door and turn the handle down.
- Turn the dial counterclockwise (to the left) several times. (If you only turn the handler and do not turn the dial to the left several times, your locker will NOT be locked.)
- Try opening the door to be sure that it is locked.