Poston Junior High Media Center
Ms. Wright and Mrs. Atkinson would like to welcome you to the Media Center Home page. Here are some policies and procedures to help Poston students and staff feel at home in their Media Center.
Media Center Hours: M,T,Th,F 8:30-4:00. Wednesday 9:00-4:00. (Late-Late Start 10:30-4:00)
Your Media Center is available for:
- research databases
- working on group projects
- media circulation
- checking your student portal
- checking your school gmail
- typing your papers
- printing your school work
- circulation of textbooks
- circulation of library books (choose Poston on the right) Sign in to Destiny Catalog with your A.D. We recommend using Destiny Discover (found on the Catalog page) for a more integrated experience. You can personalize your account, read ebooks and select Favorites. Discover will also recommend read-a-likes in your search process.
Lunchtime passes are available at the circulation desk during the morning.
Students may check out 2 items for up to 2 weeks. All materials are available for 1 renewal, with one exception; if the item is on hold for another student. Due to limited copies we can only check out one book from a series at a time.
Students with overdue materials may not check out items from the library until the overdue item is returned, renewed, or, if lost or damaged the item has been paid for.
The Internet is available in the library computer lab .Computer use is a privilege.. Student access to the network and the Internet is provided for educational purposes and research consistent with the school’s instructional goals. Students at the Junior High and Senior High level have their own "Active Directory". This allows them unique password protected sign in and mobile storage of their work. We still recommend using Google Drive with their student email account because this allows work to be auto saved.
Guidelines for Computer Use:
· Do use the Internet to help with school assigned research.
· Do report any inappropriate ads or information that might appear on your screen.
· Do ask the Library Staff to recommend web sites for research.
· Do save your work either to Documents, Desktop or Google Drive.
Printing is available for school related assignments. We have a student copy machine that doubles as the student default printer. Students are welcome anytime during the Media Center Hours to pick up their work. When adding a copier look for poston_256_copier_04 with internet explorer at copiers.mpsaz.org .
*Printing for personal use will invoke charges on the student account. Our resources are intended for each student's educational needs.