Registration for the 2013-2014 school year:
Registration is open for tuition based programs call 472-7250 or drop off your packet in person at 855 W. 8th Ave. M-TH 8:30 to 3:00 PM
We are not accepting packets for the MELP grant based program at this time. Feel free to complete a wait list form, attach your documentation for income and submit to our office.
We have some openings for the First Things First grant at Stevenson Elementary.
MPS early childhood programs has full day options for families needing both preschool and childcare. These options are
Pre-K Plus and Child Development Centers. Pre-k Plus is offered at Jordan and Red Mountain Ranch Elementary. Child Development Centers are offered at Dobson High, Red Mountain High and Skyline High. Call 472-7250 to register.
October break childcare is available for children currently enrolled in PK Plus or Child Development Centers.
Preschool questions and registration -
Mesa Public Schools and Maricopa County offer free and tuition-based preschools for 3, 4- and 5-year-olds. Special Education and Early Head Start programs offer additional resources for infants and toddlers.
Convenient sites are located throughout the school district. Admission guidelines, registration information and program details are available online and on the phone. We are eager to hear from you and to work with your child on school-readiness skills.
Contact Mesa Public Schools to discuss the best placement for your preschooler. Call (480) 472-7250.
Mesa Public Schools offers a variety of preschool options to meet your child’s needs including:
- Pre-K tuition based program
- Pre-K Plus - preschool and before and after school childcare at Jordan and Red Mountain Ranch Elementary only
- First Things First Pre-K grant funded program
- MELP - Mesa Early Learning Preschool grant funded program
- High School based Child Development Centers in collaboration with the Career & Technical Education department
- PEER placement in special education classrooms designed for general education students