Refund Policy and Financial Questions
- One hundred percent of tuition (Compensation Plan Credit fee) and miscellaneous fees for fall and spring courses for MPS Professional Learning will be refunded if the course is dropped on-line and the Professional Learning department receives a phone call or email two or more working days prior to the first session of the course.
- Fifty percent of tuition only (Compensation Plan Credit fee) will be refunded if the call or email is received prior to the second course session. If the Professional Learning department is closed, as during a Friday/Saturday course, the participant must leave a voice mail at 472-0388 or send an email.
- No refunds will be given after the second session of the course. Participants who fail to attend without withdrawing (no-shows) will not receive a refund. Appeal is available if there are extenuating and/or emergency circumstances.
- Summer Institute registration fees (Compensation Plan Credit fee) will not be refunded unless Professional Learning cancels a course.
- We are only doing refunds for sessions. We are unable to transfer funds from one session to another.
You will NOT be eligible to receive a stipend/CPC if:
- The course content is not directly applicable to an educator's teaching assignment.
- You have not enrolled online prior to the beginning of the session.
- You are a Psychologist.
- You are part-time hourly without a contract.
- You do not have a certified contract.
Professional Learning Stipends while on LOA
You are not eligible to attend professional learning sessions or receive a stipend (if available) while on:
- FMLA (personal)
- Long Term Medical (personal)
Payment may be made in cash or by check. Please bring exact change if you are paying in cash. Checks need to be made payable to Mesa Public Schools. You may pay in person at 549 N Stapley Dr at the Professional Learning department or drop your check in interschool mail.
Completed a session for stipend?
You can expect your payment approximately 4-6 weeks after your session has ended and the instructor has turned in the appropriate paperwork to the Professional Learning department office.