It is the expressed goal of the Title I Project and Staff to improve the educational opportunities of educationally deprived children so that they (1) succeed in the regular classroom; (2) attain grade level proficiency; and (3) improve in the basic and advanced skills.
The Title I Project has progressed to a site-based decision-making process with each site participating in a yearly school improvement plan proposal of curriculum and direction.
The major areas of focus are :
· increased participation of staff and administration in curriculum delivery to targeted eligible students through site-based decision making
· emphasis of project to serve the lowest 60 percent of eligible students in grades K-3 in areas of reading and mathematics
· increased preschool readiness skills offered through Family Tree Project partnerships
· continued support of junior high schools Title I reading and math programs currently in place
· provide support to approved school-wide project sites