Civil Rights Day Holiday
Champions Awards Assembly
4th Grade Orchestra Concert 6 PM
Welcome to the Second Semester of School!!
I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Break and is ready for the second half of the school year! Your student should be at least halfway ready for the next grade level. Please be ready to ask your student's teacher during Parent-Teacher Conferences for anything that you can do to help prepare your student to move forward at this point in time. Communication between yourself and the teacher is so imperative for the learning of your student. We look forward to doing our best to get your student ready for the next step!! Please feel free to phone with any questions! 480-472-1210
Ida Redbird Fund Run/Walk
Join PTO for an awesome Fund Run/Walk Activity fundraising for the school through donations.
More information coming!
Special Musical Events!
January 25 at 6:00 PM- 4th Grade Orchestra Concert
February 1 at 6:00 PM- 5th & 6th Grades Orchestra Concert
We have been seeing the Orchestra students coming and going with their instrument cases for months and now we shall hear the fruits of their practicing these. Families and friends will come into the Multi-purpose Room to enjoy the developing talent of our young people.
What's TITLE I?
Ida Redbird Elementary receives additional supplemental funds through a Title I grant from the federal government to
provide extra supplementary services for all of our students. Your children will benefit directly or indirectly from this extra help. At Ida Redbird Elementary these funds along with other federal resources will be consolidated to support school wide positive changes. Funds can be used to:
• Hire highly qualified instructional personnel to assist teachers within the classrooms
• Provide training for staff and teachers
• Provide supplemental instructional materials and technology
• Ensure high-quality School wide Programs
• Increase parent involvement participation
We are pleased to have these funds to provide high quality instruction for all children.
Parents Right to Know ~ Newsletter
Title I Schoolwide and/or Target Assistance Programs
We are pleased to notify you that in accordance with the Every Student Succeeds Act, 2015, you have the right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of your child's teacher. Specifically, you may request the following:
• Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
• Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria has been waived.
• The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
• Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If you would like to receive this information, please contact your school's principal,
Terri Clark-Ringland at (480) 472-1210 and she will be happy to assist you.
The Head Start Program
By Desi Hightower, Head Start Site Supervisor
Head Start is proud to be a part of the Redbird school community. We have partnered with ASU for research on teaching early language and literacy skills to 3-5 year olds. We also partner with EVIT, so high school students working on their early childhood certificates can earn their internship hours. These interns will have completed the hours needed and be ready to join the early childhood field when they complete high school. Head Start prepares children to have the social/emotional and academic skills needed to be ready for Kindergarten.
Involve families, students, staff and the community in working
toward high academic achievement and success for all, whatever it takes!