The goal of the Research, Assessment and Accountability department is to turn numbers into knowledge so that teachers, administrators and parents will be able to convert that knowledge into insight on how to better help students learn.
The department provides data support and analysis for district and school staff, to include:
- Delivering predictive and prescriptive analysis to the leadership responsible for strategic planning for long-term district needs
- Calculating growth projections and identifying trends to accurately forecast school budgeting and staffing needs
- Coordinating district-wide testing
- Administering district-wide surveys, including the annual parent, student and employee Quality of Service surveys
- Reviewing all Permission to Conduct Research in Mesa Public Schools applications, and providing oversight to approved research projects
- Maintaining current and precise district mapping data to produce accurate boundary maps and School Locator searches
Much of the research we conduct is made available to everyone in our community. If you are looking for material not contained in this website, please contact us.
Request Permission to Conduct Research in MPS
Find permission forms and instructions for submitting your request