VOICE MAIL AVAILABLE 24 hours
Earlene Brock Attendance Clerk
Absences – Excuses
If a student is absent from school for a valid reason, a parent or guardian must contact the attendance office to excuse the absence. Absences are considered valid and excused for the following reasons only:
- death in the immediate family
- court appearance
- medical, dental, or counseling appointment
Absences caused by missing the bus, sleeping in, babysitting, accompanying other people to appointments, etc. will not be excused. Absences can be excused by phone contact or by bringing in a signed note. Upon returning to school, students are given 48 hours to excuse all unverified absences. It is vital that all absences be verified. Excessive or unexcused absences lead to disciplinary and/or legal action.
Students who arrive late to school MUST check in at the attendance office. Any school missed due to late arrival can be excused only by:
- the parent or guardian calling the school prior to the student’s arrival
- the student bringing in a signed note
- the parent/guardian coming into the office to sign in the student
All other late arrivals will be considered unexcused.
Please Note: Arriving 20 minutes or later to a class constitutes an absence, not a tardy.
Signing Out Your Student
- Parents are asked to send a note or call ahead anytime if it is necessary for a student to leave during the school day. Anytime a student leaves campus, a parent or authorized guardian must sign the student out through the attendance office. Students may come in by themselves if returning and receive a pass from the attendance office.
- Please provide the office a minimum of 2 hours (except for emergencies) notice before requesting that your child be taken out of class. This will greatly reduce the interruptions to our classrooms.
- Except for emergency situations, the attendance office will not send for students after 3:10 pm.
- Please make arrangements for after school transportation with your child before they arrive at school. This will also reduce classroom interruptions.
Deliveries on Campus
Delivery of items such as balloons, flowers, pizza, and such is discouraged. If you need to drop off an item at school to be delivered to your child, please be aware of the following procedures:
- Please make sure your student’s item is labeled.
- Students will be sent a call slip to come to the office to pick up the item.