Advancement Via Individual Determination
AVID is a college readiness system that helps students achieve higher levels of success. Students in the AVID elective are placed on a college-bound path, beginning in 7th grade. Students are placed in honors classes and given plenty of support to be successful in a rigorous environment. We work together, build our special AVID family and support one another through it all!
Rhodes has been a proud AVID school since 2006. Together we have made many college dreams come true. We look forward to your involvement in AVID. Come by and see us today! We look forward to meeting with you.
- A program for middle to upper middle academic students. These students have the potential for honors work, but may need academic and/or emotional support, paired with rigor
- Enables students to be successful with the combination of the student's own determination, support of teachers, other AVID students, families, AVID elective teacher and tutors
- Students MUST maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher throughout the school year.
- For students who are committed to completing requirements to attend a university by the end of high school.
AVID is not...
- An "at-risk" program
- A program for students who don't do their homework
- For a consistently D or F student
- For a student without individual determination