Rhodes Junior High School is a proud AVID school!
AVID is a college readiness system that helps students achieve higher levels of success. Rhodes has been an AVID school since 2006. We look forward to your involvement in AVID!
- a program for middle to upper middle academic students. these students have the potential for honors work, but may need academic and/or emotional support paired with the rigor
- enables students to be successful with the combination of the student's own determination, support of teachers, other AVID students, families, AVID elective teacher and tutors.
- students MUST maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher throughout the school year.
- for students who are committed to completing requirements to attend a university by the end of high school
AVID is NOT:
- an "at-risk" program.
- a program for students who just don't do their homework
- for a consistently D/F student
- for a student without individual determination.