Red Mountain is one of three institutions in the state of Arizona offering AP Capstone, an innovative diploma program that engages students in scholarly practice of the core academic skills necessary for successful college completion. AP Capstone is built on the foundation of two courses — and — and is designed to complement and enhance the in-depth, discipline-specific study provided through AP courses. It cultivates curious, independent, and collaborative scholars and prepares them to make logical, evidence-based decisions.
- Fosters the research, argumentation, and communication skills at the core of college readiness.
- Builds on the knowledge and rigorous course work of AP in an interdisciplinary format.
- Prepares students for college and professional life.
- Distinguish yourself to colleges and universities: You will be able to discuss your experience on applications and set yourself apart from others.
- Flexible course content: Be creative and have a real voice as to what you learn!
AP courses are rigorous, full-year college-level classes intended to prepare students for the highest level of college success. Each AP class ends with a national exam for university credit.
How do I earn college credit from an AP exam? Students receive a score of 1 (no recommendation) up to 5 (highest recommendation). The AP Board provides credit policies for most colleges & universities.