The "Pinnacle" yearbook staff proudly serves Red Mountain High School.
It is the goal of the staff to produce a quality school yearbook. The yearbook course is designed to have students explore the world of journalism with hands-on experience in creating the school annual. Students gain an extensive amount of experience in writing and research, as well as gaining knowledge in layout, design and desktop publishing. Additionally, students learn the value of deadlines, which are an extremely important part of the field of journalism. For questions regarding yearbook, contact Ms. Saquella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The "Pinnacle" staff does their best to chronicle the hopes and expectations of the students of Red Mountain High School and has won awards for their recent work including:
- 2017 12 awards for Yearbook in Arizona Interscholastic Press Association Fall 2016 Contest including First Place for General Excellence, 4 Superiors, 3 Excellents and 4 Honorable Mentions.
- 2016 14 awards for Yearbook in Arizona Interscholastic Press Association Fall 2016 Contest including First Place for General Excellence, 1 Superior, 6 Excellents and 6 Honorable Mentions.
- 2015 11 awards for Yearbook in the Arizona Interscholastic Press Association Fall 2015 Contest including 2 Superiors, 4 Excellents and 5 Honorable Mentions.
- 2014 18 awards for Yearbook in the Arizona Interscholastic Press Association Fall 2014 Contest including 1 Superior, 7 Excellents and 10 Honorable Mentions.
- 2013 29 awards for Yearbook in the Arizona Interscholastic Press Association Fall 2013 Contest including 6 Superiors, 13 Excellents and 10 Honorable Mentions.
- 2013 Red Mountain High School’s Pinnacle 2012 yearbook cover recognized for excellence and featured in Jostens 2013 Gotcha Covered Look Book, Volume 11 celebrating the best-of-the-best in yearbook design and coverage.
- 2012 15 awards for Yearbook in the Arizona Interscholastic Press Association Fall 2012 Contest including 1 Superior, 6 Excellents and 8 Honorable Mentions.
- 2011 Third Place in Design Essentials: Title page for Yearbooks from Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Circle Awards
- 2009 Third Place from National Scholastic Press Association Design of the Year Award for our Yearbook Page/Spread
- 2008-2009 Second Place in Josten's Yeartech Online Yearbook Contest for Fashion Spread
Here’s what yearbook can do for you! Yearbook students' comments:
"I learned hard work, efficiency, focus, and time management."
"Remember that you are not alone on this; there are other people to help you; you are part of a team."
"Yearbook is not just a class. It's a family."
"When I came into yearbook, I wasn't all excited about going to college, but now that yearbook is over, I have set higher expectations for myself."
"Being on the yearbook staff teaches you how to problem solve and how to work with other people to reach a common goal."
"I learned how to work with other people and what it means to be a leader."
“Yearbook has been a life-changing experience for me.”
Joining the Yearbook
Click "Publications Brochure" for more information on joining this fast-paced and exciting class.
Families and friends can purchase Senior Ads, a personalized Senior Ad may include words of wisdom, encouragement, and recollections of past memories. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to send your senior off with a lasting impression that will be cherished and revisited for years to come. Due to the vast number of seniors attending Red Mountain, senior ads are now purchased through Jostens. Due to limited space, ads are on a first come-first-serve basis. You can purchase an ad in the yearbook for your 2018 senior starting July 1, 2017, click the following link and look for Yearbook Recognition Ads on the right side to prepare your ad: Yearbook Senior Ad. For additional questions regarding senior ads, contact Ms. Saquella at email@example.com. Our school reserves the right to edit ads per our guidelines. Please make sure all submitted materials are appropriate for school publication.
2017-2018 Photography Schedule
All 2018 seniors need to take a Senior Yearbook Portrait during Summer 2017. To book your appointment, go to http://southwestportraits.com/ or call Southwest Portraits at 480-222-1199.
Saturday, September 16, 2017-Final day for senior yearbook portrait at Southwest Portraits (4450 S. Rural Rd., Tempe, AZ 85285; 480-222-1199)
Thursday, September 28, 2017, at 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. Seniors (last chance) needing senior picture (Auditorium)
Thursday, November 9, 2017, at 9:50 a.m. Senior class picture in Large Gym
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.-Senior Cap and Gown Photography in Auditorium Lobby
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. - Clubs and groups in Large Gym
- Time and Date TBD-Performing arts (band, orchestra and vocal groups) Location TBD
Sports and Activities Photography
- Friday, August 4, 2016 at 8 a.m. Faculty Group Picture in Large Gym
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Auditorium
Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Auditorium
Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Auditorium
Purchase a yearbook:
The 2018 Yearbook Distribution Event will be held Friday, May 4, 2018 (during both lunches).
Yearbooks are in all color!! You can purchase a yearbook in the school's bookstore with cash or check during regular school hours.
Quantities are limited, so be sure to
reserve your copy today!!
$69.00 (after August 8)
$79.00 (after December 22)