The "Pinnacle" yearbook staff proudly serves Red Mountain High School.
It is the goal of the staff to produce a quality school yearbook. The yearbook course is designed to have students explore the world of journalism with hands-on experience in creating the school annual. Students gain an extensive amount of experience in writing and research, as well as gaining knowledge in layout, design and desktop publishing. Additionally, students learn the value of deadlines, which are an extremely important part of the field of journalism. For questions regarding yearbook, contact Ms. Saquella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The "Pinnacle" staff does their best to chronicle the hopes and expectations of the students of Red Mountain High School and has won awards for their recent work including:
- 2014 18 awards for Yearbook in the Arizona Interscholastic Press Association Fall 2014 Contest including 1 Superior, 7 Excellents and 10 Honorable Mentions.
- 2013 29 awards for Yearbook in the Arizona Interscholastic Press Association Fall 2013 Contest including 6 Superiors, 13 Excellents and 10 Honorable Mentions.
- 2013 Red Mountain High School’s Pinnacle 2012 yearbook cover recognized for excellence and featured in Jostens 2013 Gotcha Covered Look Book, Volume 11 celebrating the best-of-the-best in yearbook design and coverage.
- 2012 15 awards for Yearbook in the Arizona Interscholastic Press Association Fall 2012 Contest including 1 Superior, 6 Excellents and 8 Honorable Mentions.
- 2011 Third Place in Design Essentials: Title page for Yearbooks from Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Circle Awards
- 2009 Third Place from National Scholastic Press Association Design of the Year Award for our Yearbook Page/Spread
- 2008-2009 Second Place in Josten's Yeartech Online Yearbook Contest for Fashion Spread
Here’s what yearbook can do for you! Yearbook students' comments:
"I learned hard work, efficiency, focus, and time management."
"Remember that you are not alone on this; there are other people to help you; you are part of a team."
"Yearbook is not just a class. It's a family."
"When I came into yearbook, I wasn't all excited about going to college, but now that yearbook is over, I have set higher expectations for myself."
"Being on the yearbook staff teaches you how to problem solve and how to work with other people to reach a common goal."
"I learned how to work with other people and what it means to be a leader."
“Yearbook has been a life-changing experience for me.”
Joining the Yearbook
Click "Publications Brochure" for more information on joining this fast-paced and exciting class.
Families and friends can now purchase a 2016 Senior Ad, a new installment to our annual yearbook. A personalized Senior Ad may include words of wisdom, encouragement, and recollections of past memories. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to send your senior off with a lasting impression that will be cherished and revisited for years to come. Due to the vast number of seniors attending Red Mountain, it is impossible to include each graduating student. Therefore, the yearbook staff will accept ads on a first come-first-serve basis. For more information on purchasing an ad in the yearbook for your senior, click the link below or visit the Red Mountain bookstore for a Yearbook Senior Ad Packet. For questions regarding senior ads, contact Ms. Saquella at email@example.com.
2015-2016 Photography Schedule
All 2016 seniors need to take a Senior Yearbook Portrait during Summer 2015. For appointment, call Southwest Portraits at 480-222-1199
Saturday, September 19, 2015-Final day for senior yearbook portrait at Southwest Portraits (4450 S. Rural Rd., Tempe, AZ 85285; 480-222-1199)
Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. Seniors (last chance) needing senior picture (Auditorium)
Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 11 a.m. Senior class picture in Large Gym
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.-Senior Cap and Gown Photography in Auditorium Lobby
- Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. - Clubs and groups in Large Gym
- Time and Date TBD-Performing arts (band, orchestra and vocal groups) Location TBD
Sports and Activities Photography
- Friday, August 7, 2015 at 8 a.m. Faculty Group Picture in Large Gym
- Senior Best/Top 20 - Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. in Auditorium
Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Auditorium
Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Auditorium
Thursday, September 24, 2015 at 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Auditorium
Purchase a yearbook:
Yearbook Distribution Event is Friday, April 29, 2016.
Yearbooks are in all color!! You can purchase a yearbook in the school's bookstore with cash or check during regular school hours.
Quantities are limited, so be sure to
reserve your copy today!!
$69.00 (after August 11)
$79.00 (after December 18)