Google Search Help
Here are a few tips and tricks to get the most out of your Google searches!
1. Use Quotes for an exact match " "
Put a word or phrase inside quotes and Google will search for those exact words in that order.
2. Use a Hyphen to exclude words -
Using a hyphen tells Google to exclude that specific word from the search. Ex: mustang -cars
*A + does the opposite and forces Google to include that word in the search.
3. Use a Colon to search specific sites :
Use a colon to search within a specific site. Ex: the commons site:mpsaz.org/rmhs
* You can also use a colon to find similar sites to those you already use. Ex: related:mpsaz.org/rmhs
4. Use an Asterisk if you can't think of the word *
Put an asterisk in place of a word or phrase you can't think of and Google will try to figure it out for you.
5. Use Google as a dictionary
Put define and the word you want to lookup and Google will give you the definition.
6. Search Images using an Image
Go to https://www.google.com/imghp and select the camera icon to upload an image or URL to search.