Who: ALL Students in Grades 10 and 11
· ALL 10th and 11th grade students are expected to test.
· There is no need to sign-up. No Cost.
When: October 16, 2019
Why: The PSAT test offers an excellent opportunity for you to gain experience in academic testing, as well as provide estimated SAT scores, National Merit Scholarship eligibility status, and Advanced Placement Potential data. Sophomores have the unique opportunity to take the PSAT both this year and next. Taking the test as a tenth grader allows students to become familiar with the format and content of the test in preparation for next year. Junior-year scores provide the opportunity for students to place in the National Merit Scholarship programs and receive other academic recognitions valued by colleges and universities across the country.
Students will receive their PSAT student bulletin from English teachers. This bulletin contains a description of the test, sample questions with explanations of the answers, test-taking strategies, and a practice test. Please encourage your student to go over the material and take the sample test. Additional information can be found at PSAT Student Guide.
ALL RMHS Students and Parents
- Please be aware that there will be a late start schedule for all non-testers on this day.
- EVIT Students will have to pick-up a Home School Activity Form from EVIT.
- A second bus run will pick-up students 4.5 hours later than normal times for students NOT testing.
- Please contact Mrs. Nau in the Commons or Mrs. Contreras in Administration if you have further questions.
PHONES MUST BE TURNED OFF & PUT AWAY!