Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to world history. I would like to take this opportunity to review my classroom expectations so that this will be a rewarding school year for all of us as you begin your high school career. By reading and signing these policies, you are acknowledging your awareness and acceptance to abide by these policies in this classroom at all times.
- Respect yourself, other students, teachers, and administrators.
- Complete all class work and assignments on time.
- Listen actively to classroom presentations and take notes.
- Participate in class discussions and group work.
- Follow all school rules found in the student handbook.
- Line up quietly outside the door if the classroom door is closed.
- Enter the classroom quietly when the door is open.
- Take your seat and begin working on the classroom activity projected on the board.
- Drink only water in the classroom. Food is not permitted.
- Turn cell phones off and put them away before entering the classroom.
- Put your first and last name and the class period on all assignments, tests, and quizzes.
- Classroom activities not finished in class may be completed at home.
- Use only loose leaf paper (do not use spiral bound paper).
- Have a three-ring binder for notes and handouts.
- Have a pen or pencil for assignments and a red colored pen or pencil for grading assignments.
I am looking forward to a great year together. Please acknowledge that you have read and understood the expectations and classroom policies for this class.