Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! My name is Mr. Eulate, and I am looking forward to a fun and successful year with your student. This letter will provide you with important information about this course. Please contact me if you have any questions.
My phone number at school is 480-472-8135. I can usually be reached directly before school, but you can always leave a voicemail for me at any time and I will return your call. I can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a list of materials that will help your child experience success in class.
- English section in your binder
- Loose-leaf notebook paper
- Blue or black pen
Assignments are written on the board daily. Students are expected to write all work/ information in their planner in the appropriate place. I will check planners weekly and record grades. Students will earn points for correctly filling out their planner.
Student grades are based on the following:
- Test and quizzes
- Writing assignments
- Reading assignments
- Class work
- Journal/ portfolio
- Completed student planner
*Grades can be accessed through internet and district
website at any time.
- Assignments are expected on the day they are due.
- If an assignment is turned in late it will receive partial credit. Grades are reduced 10% of the possible points for each day the assignment is late
- Late assignments are accepted within one week of the due date.
- If you are absent on the day that a long term assignment is due, you are expected to turn in the assignment the first day you return from your absence.
- Extenuating circumstances will be taken into consideration.
Students are responsible for getting make up work. All assignments will be recorded on the wall calendar, and copies of the assignment will be filed in the crate below. Your student has been instructed how to get missed assignments following an absence.
Homework requests must be made through individual teachers and not through counseling. Parents must contact each teacher to request homework for their child if he/she is going to be absent for two or more days.
Extra credit is not given in my class, although there will be rare opportunities for students to earn bonus points on some assignments. Students need to understand that these points cannot save a poor grade.
- Students will arrive to class on time.
- Students will come to class prepared and with necessary materials.
- Students will remain in class for the entire period. Hall passes will only be issued in rare instances.
- Students give their personal best and actively participate in class.
- Students will show respect to others, others’ belongings, and school equipment and furnishing.
- Electronic devices are prohibited in the classroom.
- Food or drink (except water) are prohibited in the classroom.
- Students will remain seated until dismissal. I will dismiss all classes, not the bell.
- Students are expected to follow the Red Mountain Way.
Consequences for the student who chooses not to follow these expectations will be based on our school wide Step Up to Responsibility discipline plan.
Throughout the year we will be focusing on writing and the writing process. Students will be working on such genres as personal narratives, persuasive essays, literary response essays, poems, letters, and summaries. We will also be reading various stories, essays, myths, articles, and books.