RED MOUNTAIN HIGH SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION
GRADING POLICY AND PROCEDURES
We believe active participation by the student is a very important and beneficial aspect of physical education. It is also felt that the student must be accountable for learning and practicing the skills in each activity. Skill learning is a must if the student is going to develop proficiency that will carry over into lifetime activity. Physical fitness testing will be administered. Reading and writing assignments are an essential element of our curriculum.
EVALUATION – GRADING POLICY
Refer to your teacher’s course outline
- All make-up work is to be completed at school during the make-up sessions. The only exception will be if a student has a medical note from a doctor to excuse the student for 1+ weeks of activity.
- Daily Physical activity is essential. In the event a student has a chronic illness or injury that extends over a two week period of time, an incomplete or drop may occur. When healthy, the student will have the opportunity to attend make up sessions to regain the number of days missed.
- Each student is required to complete 3 timed ONE MILE RUNS and fitness assessments before the end of the semester. These assessments will be graded. If a student fails to run all 3 miles, an incomplete will be issued to that student for their semester grade and arrangements will have to be made with that teacher to complete the requirement.
The Red Mountain Tardy Policy will be enforced in the Physical Education department. All students must be inside the physical education building before the tardy bell rings.
- It is possible to be tardy to physical education class. The first tardy will result in a warning from the teacher. Each tardy thereafter will be addressed by the teacher.
DRESSING OUT –
Appropriate clothing: School Uniform (Can be purchased in the bookstore for $20, including the lock)
Boys: T-shirt, shorts and athletic type sneakers that tie
Girls: T-shirt, shorts and athletic type sneakers that tie with hair back.
- 1st occurrence= -5 points, warning
- 2nd occurrence= -10 points, phone call home
- 3rd occurrence= -10 points, phone call home, detention
- 4th occurrence= student is sent to office, referral will be written to the grade appropriate administrator.
MAKE-UP PROGRAM-Ongoing weekly
When an excused non-participation day occurs, the student must do two physical make-ups at school during a make-up session to regain participation points for that day. A student has 2 weeks from the date in which the absence occurs to complete the make-up. After two weeks, the points lost, cannot be made up. Students need to make an appointment with the teacher to make up lost points.
Each student will need to purchase a lock from the bookstore for $5. The student is responsible for it throughout the semester. If a lock is lost, it is possible that it will be returned to the office; otherwise the student must purchase another lock from the bookstore. You may not use personal locks. All personal locks will be cut off lockers immediately.
LOCKER ROOM-Lock up your locker and do not leave valuables unattended!
Do not bring food into the locker room. Students are responsible for locking up their belongings in their assigned locker. In the event that anything is missing or stolen, PE dep’t will NOT replace nor be responsible for the items. The locker room will be open before school then locked during each class period and at lunch.
Please enter and exit through the West Doors.