· Start a senior year folder (electronic and paper) to keep track of everything related to colleges and applying
· Make a list of schools you plan on applying to, including your reach schools and safe schools.
· Get educated about admission requirements
· Have the “Talk” with your family on realistic college costs and paying for college
· Be a campus explorer. Plan on visiting prospective colleges. Take a virtual tour of the campus prior to visit.
· Start working on a personal statement and college admission essay
· Research the scholarships in the Scholarship Bulletin published by MPS and RMHS. Deadlines vary from year to year however the scholarship criteria and general timelines remain the same.
· Update your resume with all of the activities and awards you earned junior year
· Letters of Recommendation – Begin now with thinking about and asking for letters of recommendation. You will need a minimum of three letters for scholarships.
· Work a summer job to expand your experiences and to earn money for college
· Continue volunteering in the community
· If you are an athlete who plans on playing in college register on the NCAA website
· Make an account with the Common Application website if your prospective school is a common app school
· Create a timeline of tasks to do each month of senior year
Click here for FASFA
· Develop a financial aid plan before the deadline
Develop scholarship organizer
Parents and Students – Subscribe to the weekly RMHS College & Career bulletin for important updates