Center For Success
Students who have failed one or more courses, who are deficient in graduation requirements, or have scheduling conflicts that cannot be resolved may be given the privilege and opportunity to enroll in a Mesa Distance Learning Program (MDLP) course through Red Mountain High School’s “Center for Success” (CFS).
· Students must meet with their guidance counselor at Red Mountain High School (RMHS) to determine eligibility for enrollment in CFS and must be willing to sign and abide by this CFS Enrollment Agreement.
Course work AND grades will be assigned through the MDLP teacher of record, but students will be provided time in their schedule, access to a computer, and will be monitored by a RMHS staff member/instructor to help ensure that they stay on track with their on-line course work.
Student [Enrollment] Agreement:
· The expectation is that students will complete each MDLP course within 9 weeks (2 courses per semester per period assigned to CFS). Students can be withdrawn from MDLP courses if they are not making sufficient progress in the course. Students who are dropped from one or more MDLP courses are also subject to removal from CFS (additional schedule changes may be required). Please, work from home as needed!
· CFS instructors will check student progress at least one time per week and report to parents/guardians as needed.
· Attend class regularly, prepared AND on time. Students who exceed 9 absences, or are continually tardy, will be referred to an administrator.
· Utilize class time to work on MDLP coursework
o Playing video/internet games, surfing the internet or using the computer for non-course related reasons is NOT allowed.
o Students who are ahead of pace (set by RMHS instructor) are expected to continue working on their course or may check in with the instructor for permission to work on other school-related assignments.
o Always bring back-up work in case of technical issues during CFS class.
· Students must immediately report any technical issues or problems to their RMHS instructor.
o If the student and instructor cannot resolve the issue in class, it will be reported to MDLP or RMHS administration.
· Students must comply with instructor directives, requests, instructions and classroom expectations/norms.
o Students must comply with instructor instructions as relating to the use of headphones, MP3 players, phones, etc.