web site: www.mpsaz.org/rmhs/staff/rlhughes
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (best way to contact me)
grades: www.mpsaz.org/rmhs -Parent portal – enter class
period (01,02…) and student’s 4-digit ID #
August 10, 2014
¡Bienvenidos! Welcome! We have great plans for Spanish 2 this year!
· Upon completion of this course, students will…
· Demonstrate improved fluency in all language skills: listening, reading, writing, & speaking
· Have a stronger grasp of Spanish grammar and its proper usage
· Possess a wider vocabulary appropriate in everyday living situations
· Have a more in-depth understanding of history, art and literature of Spanish-speaking cultures
Scale: 90% - 100% A; 80 – 89% B; 70- 79% C; 60 – 69% D; below 60% F.
Weight of Assignments: Tests – 40%; Quizzes, Projects, Classwork – 30%; Homework – 10%; Semester Final - 20%. Grade averages accumulate throughout entire semester. The 1st semester final exam counts for 20% of the overall 1st semester grade. The year-end final (given at the end of the 2nd semester) counts for 20% of the overall 2nd semester grade.
No late work accepted. Student with excused absence may have the same number of days he/she was absent to make up the assignment. Tests and quizzes must be made up during my tutorial times during lunch or during another Spanish teacher’s tutorial time (See Tutoring).
Students must take the responsibility themselves to check the calendar on my web site or ask me what they missed.
Lion Tutorials: This year my tutoring times are: every Thursday and Friday during the second half of Period 5 lunch. I will be in my room (257) to help with any matter, large or small, including making up tests or extra help. Other Spanish teachers are available for both 4th and 5th hour lunch, every day of the week. If your student does not have 5th hour lunch, he/she can consult the Lion Tutorial schedule posted in my room and see another Spanish teacher in the department. Otherwise, I can be available after school by appointment. However, I strongly encourage the use of Lion Tutorial time.
Students need: a writing utensil; a red pen or marker for grading; a 3-ring binder dedicated to Spanish class,
Most needed and appreciated: Kleenex, hand sanitizer, pencils.
Communication (See upper right corner of this letter)
I am happy to talk with you about your student, whether your concern is large or small. I welcome your questions and co-operation. Together, let’s make this year productive and enjoyable for your student. Thank you!
Sincerely, Sra. Hughes OVER>>>>>>>>>>>>
RULES AND PROCEDURES FOR SPANISH CLASS
For the best possible learning environment, students MUST meet high standards of student conduct.
Students are expected to:
- Be seated and working or inside the door on their way to their seat at the bell
- Treat themselves, teacher, other students and property with respect
- Listen during instruction and speak at appropriate times
- Refrain from disrupting the class with speech, actions or noise
- Stay on task/participate/try
- Complete assignments on time
- Comply with school rules
- Comply with reasonable requests and directives of teacher
Possible consequences of misbehavior, in no particular order:
- Referral to office
- Removal from classroom
- Conference with teacher
- Teacher conference with parent
- Detention/classroom chores
- Loss of classwork participation points
- Other similar appropriate procedures
In the computer lab, students are expected to:
o Work only on teacher-directed sites
- Treat equipment and computer lab with respect and care
- Leave their station in good condition
- Work independently and quietly
PLEASE DETACH AND KEEP THIS PAGE AT HOME.
FILL OUT AND SEND BACK PAGE TWO OF THIS LETTER WITH YOUR STUDENT BY WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2014.
PAGE TWO COUNTS AS A 10-POINT HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT.
PARENTS: PLEASE FILL OUT THIS PAGE AND SEND IT BACK TO SCHOOL. IT IS A 10-POINT ASSIGNMENT FOR YOUR STUDENT.
RETURN TO SRA. HUGHES BY WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 13, 2014.
Parent/Student Co-operation Agreement
I have read and understand Mrs. Hughes’ Rules and Procedures on the attached letter. I agree to support these rules in order to make it a productive year for all students.
Student’s name (please print) _____________________________________________
Student signature ___________________________Date _______________
Parent signature ____________________________Date _______________