Teacher Bio Page
This page is meant to inform both the prospective student and parent about the professionals present in their science classroom. If you have questions or concerns about any of the individuals or practices please remember to direct those towards myself the lead teacher in the classroom Mr. Bycott.
Thank you and we look forward to facilitating a great science year for your student.
Lead Teacher: Mr. Bycott
Name: Shane Bycott
Teaching / Experience:
- Over 15 years of teaching experience in many STEM related fields.
- AP Research
- AP Environmental Science
- Global Information Systems in the Classroom
- Arizona Native and avid outdoors-man
- Favorite actives include: backpacking, hiking, kayaking and science
- Associate of Science Degree Yavapia Community College
- Bachelor of Science Degree Northern Arizona University in Earth and Space Science with and emphasis in Secondary Education
- Master Degree Northern Arizona University in Applied Geospatial Science with an emphasis in Professional Scientific Research
- Practicum Defense: GIS project designed classroom and the effect on student’s college/career readiness: A systematic approach to project based learning in the high school classroom and determining its effectiveness in addressing college and career readiness skills when using GIS principles.