Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to my English class. I would like to take this opportunity to review my classroom expectations so that this will be a rewarding school year for all of us as you begin or continue your high school career. By reading and signing these policies, you are acknowledging your awareness and acceptance to abide by these policies in this classroom at all times.
- Respect yourself, other students, teachers, and administrators.
- Complete all class work and homework.
- Be dependable.
· Students must be in class.
· Students will keep materials according to teacher specifications.
· The use of cell phones, IPODS, MP3 players, and personal electronic devices are not permitted during class time. These items should be put away and not visible at any time.
· All students must be dressed appropriately for class.
· Food and drink are not permitted in the classroom.
· Late work will not be accepted. Exceptions may be made for major assignments.
· Students who are not in the classroom when the bell rings will be swept.
· Students who are swept must turn in any assignments that are due before 3:30 pm on the day that they are swept. Failure to do so will result in a grade of zero. Also, students are responsible for making-up all missed work when swept.
· In the event of an excused absence, it is the responsibility of the student to collect all make-up work from the teacher and turn it in by the next class period following the absence. Exceptions will be made for excused extended absences.
· Plagiarism and cheating will not be tolerated. Anyone caught copying an assignment or cheating on a test will receive a zero.
· Essays will be typed, unless written neatly in pen, on one side of each page.
· Essays will have a modified MLA heading in the upper left corner of page one:
Student’s First Name Last Name
Name of Class and Assignment
Date written like this: 4 April 2008
Student Signature: _________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: _________________________________