Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to Freshmen English. I would like to take this opportunity to review my classroom expectations so that this will be a rewarding school year for all of us as you begin your high school career. By reading and signing these policies, you are acknowledging your awareness and acceptance to abide by these policies in this classroom at all times.
- Respect yourself, other students, teachers, and administrators.
- Come to class each day prepared with all assigned reading and homework completed.
- Follow instructions the first time they are given.
- Ask for help!
- No Cell Phones in Class
- All cell phones and electronic devices (ipods, etc.) should be turned off before entering the classroom. Cell phones and laptops must remain zipped in backpacks unless instructed otherwise.
2. Students are Responsible for Making Up Missed Work
-If a student is absent, he or she has as many days as they were absent to make up the work they missed for full credit. Students may check Canvas to see what was missed, check the absent bin in class to collect any papers that were handed out, ask a friend, and as me for help. As high school students, I expect each student to check for missed work without being prompted by myself or parents.
3. Late Work
-Late work is docked 10% off of the original grade for each day it is late. Example: A paper that would earn 85% normally, but is turned in 2 days late would earn 65%. Students can check the due dates of all assignments on Canvas and view the weekly schedule on the board in class.
Student Signature: __________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Signature: __________________________________________