1 semester = 1/2 credit
The purpose of this class is to provide students the opportunity to develop and practice the needed skills necessary to be a successful student now and an efficient employee in the future.
- Organizational skills
- How to prioritize assignments
- How to study for tests and quizzes
- Assistance with homework and assignments
- thoughtfully complete daily calendar = 5pts (1 each day) per week max
- work efficiently throughout the entire class period = 5pts (1 each day) per week max
- check MPS portal at least once a week = 6 pts (1 each class passing with a "C" or above in order to earn points ) per week max
- Students will have access to the use of a classroom set of Chromebook notebooks to complete homework or research for assignments. Students must have parent persmission to use the Chromebooks and a signed Classroom Chromebook usage form.
*** If a student is consistently unable to meet the above requirements, they will receive a failing grade, lose the credit and most importantly lose the privilege of any further study skills classes.