1 semester = 1/2 credit
The purpose of this class is to provide students the opportunity to develop and practice the needed skills necessary to be a successful student now and an efficient employee in the future.
- Organizational skills
- How to prioritize assignments
- How to study for tests and quizzes
- Assistance with homework and assignments
- thoughtfully complete daily calendar (5pts per week)
- work efficiently throughout the entire class period (5pts per week)
- check MPS portal at least once a week (1 pt per class per week, must be passing classes with a "C" or above in order to earn points )
If a student is consistently unable to meet the above requirements, they will be removed from their study skills class and placed in a general study hall for zero credit.