NEHS is a program of the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP) in cooperation with the National Association of Elementary School Principals (NAESP). This new program is designed for all elementary schools and includes two primary functions:
- Recognizing the accomplishments of students -- the whole child, specifically the full range of a student’s academic achievements and the ability to be a responsible student at school, at home, and in the community.
- Involving students as members participating in the activities of the chapter; and involving all students through leadership development and service activities, enhancing the ‘culture of achievement’ in the school.
The four qualities of a NEHS student Schinclude scholarship, responsibility, service, and leadership.
- Scholarship means a commitment to learning.
- Responsibility is our commitment to do what we say we are going to do.
- Service is helping others to do what they cannot do alone.
- Leadership is needed in many aspects of our lives.
This site was created with the assistance of Nick from Mrs. Jacobs' class of 2010. Thank you Nick for helping create a wonderful site.
*Information contained within these pages are from the official NEHS site, but organized within this website to make finding information quick and easy for RMRE parents and students.