Important Things to Know
The 2012-2013 School Year is Now in Session!
Students are expected to be responsible, prepared and respectful. This includes the following........
- Follow directions the first time given
- Use your feet and hands to help not hurt
- Treat everyone with respect
- Use good manners
- Follow all classroom procedures
Every student starts the day with their name stick in cup #4 (GREAT DAY!). If a student chooses not to follow the classroom guidelines then the following consequences will take place.......
- 1st Warning- Move name stick to cup #3
- 2nd-Note Home-Move name stick to cup #2
- 3rd-Lunch Detention/Call Home-Move name stick to cup#1
- 4th-ALC Referral/Call Home-Move name stick to cup#0
- Verbal Praise
- Positive Notes and Phone Calls
- Teacher Surprises
Students will have a homework binder to bring home daily. Please be sure to check the binder for weekly homework assignements and important papers. Students will have homework Monday-Thursday. The homework will consist of a math and spelling assignment.
Please encourage your student to read for 20 minutes daily. Daily practice of Multiplication and Division Facts is also crucial at this grade level, so please encourage your student to practice!
The school district provides all essential materials for students, The following supplies would be useful for your student......
- Pencil Bag (No Boxes)
- 1 box of Kleenex
- 2 Single Subject Notebooks (wide rule)
- 1 pk. of Wide Rule Notebook Paper (No Binders)
- 1 glue stick
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 box of crayons